Ever wondered what a world without Python would look like? It would be scary to survive without the applications, such as Google, YouTube, Instagram, etc., that form an integral part of our lives. Yes! You read that right; Python serves as the building block of such platforms. It is a computer programming language used for building websites, automating tasks, conducting data analysis, and creating web applications.
Python is so widespread and deeply rooted within the technological landscape that it is beyond our imagination. The two most valuable attributes that make Python Development Services a favorite tool in the arsenal of tech leaders are the flexibility and scalability for different operating systems. Technical support teams have to deal with complex tasks as technology advances; from troubleshooting to automation, they require powerful tools. Python is one such tool that has simplified these tasks for them over some time; let’s dive deeper to understand how.
- Unmatched flexibility and scalability: Developers have the freedom to run codes across diverse platforms due to the versatile nature of this programming language. They no longer face the constraints of altering the size of their applications, capabilities, and functionalities according to the changing user base. Worries about the flexibility factor of applications running on different types of devices have become a thing of the past. Technical officers focus more on ways to harness the potential of this amazing problem-solving technology, all thanks to Python.
- Wide range of libraries & frameworks: Python offers a vast library of modules and packages that help technical support teams resolve issues at a higher speed. From the numerous packages available in the Python Package Index, tech support teams can use any one that fits their requirements. They also handle specific tasks, such as web scraping and data visualization, through these well-stacked libraries.
- Simple to read: What more can programmers ask for than a language that has a simple syntax and is easily readable? The versatility of Python stems from the fact that its codes are easy to understand and, therefore, modify. It is for this reason that it is used for various purposes, such as data analysis, rapid prototyping, and testing.
- Simplifies automation: Repetition is the killer of enthusiasm; nobody understands it better than Python, as it eliminates repetition while saving time and reducing errors. By doing this, technical teams have ample time for other complex problems instead of killing their bandwidth behind monotonous tasks like system monitoring and software updates. This directly impacts the overall efficiency and productivity of the team.
- Seamless integration: Tech professionals rely on tools such as Bash scripts, Powershell, and Rest APIs, which use certain go-to tools for automation and scripting in Windows environments. It is a simple task for them to integrate these tools with Python in a complex environment.
Why do CTOs prefer Python?
Building something that can weather the storm of evolving dynamics and meet the expectations of the end users is the ultimate goal of programmers and developers. Python maintains the leading position for any software project for the following reasons:
- Python is widely popular - Choosing a programming language that is widely supported comes with its own set of benefits, as you have built-in solutions available for several issues. This coding language has a wide community of interactive enthusiasts who strive every day to make it better by fixing bugs and opening new possibilities.
- Quick development - As mentioned earlier, user-friendly factors associated with Python make the development process less time-consuming. The rich selection of frameworks and modules from the libraries saves a lot of time for developers, which they otherwise would have spent wrestling with their building tools. However, there have been rumors associated with Python that it is slow. While it is true to some extent, still the fact remains that tech giants like Google use that because CPU time is not always a limiting factor. Sometimes, slower runtime execution is acceptable for the optimization of our most expensive resources.
- Reading is intuitive - The coding language of this program is very similar to English, which makes it easy to decipher. It also requires fewer lines to get the task done when compared to its counterparts, such as C or Java. Reading the codes written by other developers also becomes easy for tech-support teams, and there is less catch-up involved when code changes hands. Maintenance and navigation become a breeze when they have fewer easily understandable codes.
- Reliable Scalability - We never know when the user numbers will start surging in our web or mobile-based applications. Therefore, it is always fruitful to use a language that scales better and is easy to maintain. This is the reason why some of the most ambitious projects across the web use Python to serve their user base reliably, such as Reddit, EveOnline, etc.
- Web development - Web development has its requisitions, which are multifaceted; Python has many qualities to deliver the desired results in this domain.
● With its large selection of pre-built libraries, anything is achievable, such as scientific computing, image and data processing, machine learning, and deep learning.
● Developers can create quick prototypes using simple and clean syntax. It makes the shipping of code faster, thus accelerating the ROIs of commercial projects.
● Web frameworks of Python are its major strengths as they help identify the right starting point for any project.
Direct use cases of Python in various fields of technology:
● How is it suitable for machine learning?
There are several factors, as stated earlier, that give this programming language a competitive edge over its counterparts: readability, simplicity, and versatility. All of these, coupled with the wide variety of frameworks and libraries, promises to be an ideal choice for machine learning. For example, the Scikit-learn library houses a large number of machine learning algorithms like linear & logistic regression, support vector machines, etc. For the same reason, it is extensively used in AI environments. Developing prototypes quickly and getting the test models up and running are significant advantages of using Python apart from being platform-independent.
● How does it contribute to data analysis?
Being an object-oriented programming language, it becomes an excellent choice for software programs of all sizes and types. So, it is proven to be effective in carrying out the complex task of data analysis, thereby reducing the load of data scientists. Be it novice programmers or seasoned data warriors, this tool is adaptable for everyone. Enhanced graphics improve the ease of comprehension while dealing with an extensive collection of datasets, and Python also offers multiple data visualization techniques. One more feature that exceptionally stands out is its ability to perform complex mathematical calculations.
● Is it usable in the finance domain?
For the CTOs who find it daunting to manage their financial applications in this era of the digital revolution, Python can be an effective tool for any financial operation. There are a significantly lesser amount of errors and bug rates, and managing the applications becomes a breeze for technical support teams.
● How does it help in ethical hacking or penetration testing?
Testing software for detecting potential vulnerabilities is the prime goal of ethical hacking. With Python, it becomes easier to test software on a multitude of environments as it can also interact with the software using language translation. The process of translation is carried out to change the coding language from one form to another by reading high-level programming language as input and creating output in the target language.
● Does it function in game development?
For gaming geeks, this programming language holds immense value as it makes a great option for game development. The developer-friendly nature of Python and its ability to produce codes with minimal bugs are the characteristics that make it beneficial for this purpose.
Why should CTOs consider the option of Python outsourcing?
From the perspective of developing applications, the IT industry is snowballing, and it requires a lot of brain work to hire people on the go. For start-ups ready to hit the floor with funding and deliver immediate results, waiting for recruitment is a luxury they cannot afford. Here, outsourcing comes into play, where technical managers can leverage the advantages of this programming language without building an in-house team. Before they do so, they must consider the following factors.
● Building a cohesive team: If Python engineers are hired externally, they should seamlessly integrate within the existing team of engineers and technical support staff. So that they can coordinate easily, and this cooperation works out smoothly on the people level.
● Segregation of tasks: It is crucial to draw clear distinctions between the tasks that the respective teams will be handling to avoid roadblocks. Will the new team only work on development? Or will they also undertake maintenance? Answering these questions before finalizing an agency is crucial for optimizing the outsourcing strategy and managing costs.
● Fitting the team to the management process: Every organization functions according to its project management framework, and CTOs must know how the new team will fit into the organizational chart. They must also ensure that there is a requirement for a new project manager for the outsourced team or not.
● Allocating the budget: How much can companies splurge on external development? This is the question that technical leaders must ask even before seeding the idea of outsourcing. Having a crystal clear idea about the allocated budgets makes it very simple to prioritize tasks and make decisions on the go.
● Outlining the tech stack: CTOs must specify their expected tech stack to the outsourced team, especially if they want the new company to follow a particular coding standard.
Once there is clarity in terms of the above questions, technical leaders should proceed toward hunting for their potential partners. There is a plethora of platforms where these professionals are available to deliver their services, even surpassing the demographic boundaries. Reviews and ratings matter a lot when finalizing candidates from such portals. Therefore, one should perform the due diligence.
One blog is not enough to cover the broader perspective of applications and benefits Python offers; anyhow, the information provided here is sufficient for start-up founders and technical officers who want to test the waters. It is one such coding language that has a large global community where the user base is happy to help and support participation at all levels. Takeaways from the usage of this coding language emphasize the following pointers:
● One can write code faster while optimizing developer resources
● It provides access to tons of dedicated libraries and frameworks, so building from scratch is not required.
● Reviewing code is much more simplified with Python because of its simple syntax and better readability.