What Happens if you missed your flight JetBlue?
Missing your flight is frustrating, and in most cases, passengers who miss their flights won’t be able to inform the airline in advance. Sometimes, travelers can get stuck in a never-ending traffic jam or any other last-minute hiccup, thus resulting in a No-Show.
So, what happens if you miss your JetBlue flight? Will there be a penalty? This guide reveals the dedicated JetBlue Missed Flight policy and outlines what you should do next to get your money back.
JetBlue Airlines No Show Policy
JetBlue Airlines has created a dedicated No Show Policy for Refundable and Non-Refundable Fares. Scroll down and get ready to make notes.
Refundable Fare Bookings
- Those with refundable fare bookings must change or cancel their flight tickets before departure to qualify for the refund.
- However, if a traveler misses the flight, the ticket must remain in Open Status and is valid for one year from the date of original bookings.
- If the airline processes any refunds to OFOP on No-Show tickets, it will result in a debit memo for the refund amount, plus a $50 Service Charge.
Non-Refundable Fare Bookings
- If a traveler doesn’t cancel their JetBlue booking before the flight departure and results in a No-Show, their airfare will be forfeited.
- Passengers can get a complete refund for the missed flight if they call the airline and inform them about the flight missing. The refund will be in the form of flight credit or monetary value.
- Those who made reservations with ARC can choose to keep the ticket value in an MCO minus the applicable cancelation charges. The cancelation fee is applied to each PNR separately per passenger.
JetBlue Missed Flight - The Terms & Conditions
Have you missed your flight? Don’t worry, JetBlue Missed Flight policy will cover you. Under this policy, the airline will assign you same-day reservations if you arrive at the airport within 2 hours of the actual flight departure.
However, the flight on hold is subject to a few terms and conditions, such as
- The airline doesn’t assure the availability of seats on the standby flight.
- It won’t be able to accommodate the traveler on the next flight if no seats are left.
- The availability of standby flights depends on the number of flights in the same itinerary on the exact day of departure.
- The traveler must pay around USD 75 to reserve a seat on the add-on flight. However, the price may differ on the value of your initial reservation.
Remember that you may still be able to get a refund for the taxes you paid despite not being entitled to full compensation. You can contact JetBlue En Español Teléfono to know more about the tax refund and further assistance.